WHO WE ARE:
As a leading distributor of municipal and infrastructure equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment, LLC (JJE) provides mobile infrastructure-maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. We sell, rent, lease, service and support Vacuum Trucks, Street Sweepers, and Sewer Cleaners.
Our team is dynamic and growing and focused on maintaining an employer of choice culture. We have a stable, team-based and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry.
We are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees. We offer very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
Joe Johnson Equipment, LLC is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
LOCATION: MONROE, NORTH CAROLINA
TYPE: FULL TIME
- Heavy Duty Equipment or Transport Mechanic
- 2+ years’ experience as a Certified Mechanic preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Possession of a CDL is preferred
- Experienced with hydraulic and/or electrical work
- Exposure to Street Sweepers, Vacuum Trucks or Refuse equipment considered an asset
- Chassis experience considered an asset
- Ability to work under tight timelines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and independently
- Demonstrated team player and willing to assist others when required
- Must be able to attend road calls daily as required by customer needs
- Safety conscious
- Team player with positive attitude
- Perform troubleshooting, mechanical repairs and PDIs (pre-delivery inspections) on a variety of heavy equipment
- Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the Service Writer and Parts team to ensure optimal efficiency
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections
- Communicate with Lead Hand and/or Service Manager regarding job progress and job status changes
- Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools and service van
WHY WORK AT JJE?
- Competitive compensation package – includes salary, commissions and company vehicle
- Premium Health Insurance program
- 401 (k) Employer Matching Program
- Work boot and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Tuition and Professional Development Paid
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Best-In-Industry product lines
- Safety Focused
- Exceptional Team Culture
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted. If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.